Data Work: A Jargon-Free Guide to Managing Successful Data Teams
Note to non-US customers: This is the product page for the physical or hard copy of this title. While we can and have shipped this product to non-US addresses, it does come with added shipping costs for those customers. If you want to save on those shipping costs and buy a digital copy, please see visit our other product page here.
This book is for managers and executives who find themselves overseeing a data team, despite having little experience with data themselves.
It is meant to be a simple, jargon free guide that you can read over the weekend. It will tell you the 20% of your job that solves 80% of the problems you’ll face.
Problems, such as:
- Missing and / or inaccurate data
- Poor or irrelevant reporting and analysis
- Constant project delays, revisions, and deadline extensions
- Ill-defined goals for data solutions
- Ill-defined processes and job responsibilities
- Problem stakeholders
- A job market that favors data professionals more than employers
It’s better to take a proactive approach to fixing these problems before you scale your team. Otherwise, the mistakes will become so costly and so widespread that it’ll be too late to fix.
In addition to my own thoughts and experiences, I include the expertise of several qualified managers and executives in the data science space. That includes:
- Tim Wilson, Executive Director at Search Discovery
- Nick Stevens, Chief Data Officer at the University of Kansas
- Jared Sloan, Vice President of Product Development at Alight Analytics
- Zack Pike, Vice President of Data Strategy and Marketing Analytics at Callahan Creek
- Doug Washington, Director of Recruiting Strategy for TriCom Technical Services
Buy now below!